Pear Frangipane Tart in EnglishFrom ironorchid 5 years ago
- pie crust 9" (tart shell) shopping list
- 3 pears, fresh, pilled shopping list
- Plain white flour, 1/4 cup shopping list
- almonds, 1 cup, whole shopping list
- Granulated sugar, 0.5 cup (devided) shopping list
- unsalted butter, 4 Tbsp. shopping list
- egg, fresh, 1 large shopping list
- egg white, fresh, 2 large shopping list
- rum, 2 + 1/2 Tbsp. (or 1 tsp. almond/ vanilla extract) shopping list
- apricot jam, 1 Tbsp. shopping list
How to make it
- Bake the pie shell according to directions. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor pulse almonds with 1/4 cup sugar until finely ground. Add 1/4 cup flour and mix.
- With a mixer beat butter and remaining 1/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add one egg, combining well. Add two egg whites. Mix well. When egg mixture is smooth, add 2 tbsp. rum (or 1 tsp. almond or vanilla extract if you prefer non-alcoholic version).
- Put the ground nuts and combine with a spatula.
- Peel, halve, core and slice the pears.
- Pour the nut mixture into the shell and spread evenly. Arrange the pears decoratively atop the almond mixture.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until pears and frangipane are golden browned.
- Mix 1/2 tbsp. rum and 1 tbsp. jam and coat the cooked pears.
- Makes 12 servings, each 264 cals, fat 15g, carbs 30g, prot 4.5g.
The Cookironorchid FL
The Rating2 people
As you can tell by my ativar I have made this recipe and it is so delicious word can hardly describe how delicious and decadent this looks and taste.
Five forks and a big smile :)
trigger in loved it
I love your step by steps and I flagged this wonderful recipe as beautiful!trigger in loved it
Sounds and Looks Incredible! Gotta Try This One Real Soon. Thnx For Sharing.
Steffgoblue434 in Anniston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!