St Vincent De Pauls Bread PuddingFrom jadedmom 7 years ago
- 3 cup milk shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup sugars shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cinammon shopping list
- 6 1/2 cups bread pieces (i've used school cafateria rolls to French bread, it all works) shopping list
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 4 beaten eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup raisins ( I use way less if any) shopping list
- 1/2 cup melted butter shopping list
- rum or bourbon Sauce: shopping list
- 1 c up sugar shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/4 cup water (sometimes leave out for a super thick topping) shopping list
- 1-2 jiggers either rum or bourbon. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix sugars and beaten eggs.
- Add the milk, vanilla, cinnamon, raisins and butter.
- Add bread pieces to this mixture, turn to coat, and let soak for 5 to 10 minutes. If you are craving any add ins, now would be the time to stire them in! ( coconut, pecans, fruit other than raisins, etc.)
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray and pour mixture into pan.
- Bake for 35-40 min, or until knife comes out clean.
- Let cool a bit, cut into squares.
- Serve warm with rum or buorbon sauce.
- Blend egg, sugar, butter, and water well. Cook on medium heat,stirring constantly, until it boils for one minute and is smooth. Add booze of your choice, remove from heat.
- Serve warm over bread pudding.
People Who Like This Dish 4
- ttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- debbie919 Manahawkin, NJ
- jadedmom Baton Rouge, LA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookjadedmom Baton Rouge, LA
The Rating3 people
Great post love bread pudding high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This and rice pudding are some of the few deserts that I can't pass up. Looks like a wonderful recipe.
Thanks for posting it.
mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
Sounds great-love a good bread pudding. Thanks for sharing this one, and Happy Easter!
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!