Carrot CakeFrom ragnarokx23 8 years ago
- carrot cake Sponge: shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 180 mL veg. oil shopping list
- 14 oz sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 9 oz bread flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 lbs carrots, peeled, shredded or grated. shopping list
- 2 1/2 oz walnuts, chopped + extra for side of cake shopping list
- carrot Filling: shopping list
- 1 lb creamcheese shopping list
- 8 oz soft butter shopping list
- 1 lb powder sugar, sifted shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Cake sponge:
- 1)Sift all the dry together except for the salt+sugar+nuts and set aside.
- 2)Whisk the eggs, add sugar and salt and whip to a foam.
- 3)While whisking the egg mixture gradually add the veg. oil.
- 4)Turn off the mixer and incorporate the finely grated carrots.
- 5)Add the dry ingredients and the chopped walnuts. Mix enough only to incorporate the ingredients.
- 4)Spray a 10 inch cake pan with a liner and bake at 375 for 50 min. or until the cake springs back when pressed lightly in the center.
- Cake filling:
- 1) Paddle the cream cheese until smooth and softened.
- 2)Add the butter. Paddle until smooth and fluffy.
- 3)Add the vanilla.
- 4)Add all of the sifted powdered sugar. Mix until the cream is fluffy and holds it shape.
- To decorate:
- 1)Cut the cake in half and place some of the filling in the middle.
- 2)Place the top back on and ice the cake.
- 3)Comb the top of the cake and place walnuts on the side.
- 4)Dye marzipan orange and green to make the carrots. Roll the orange marzipan into a carrot shape and use a knife to make the carrot lines.
- 5)Take a small amount of the green marzipan and flatten and cut to make the leaves for the carrots.
- 6) Make a small hole in the middle of the top of the carrot and insert the green marzipan leaves.
The Cookragnarokx23 San Jose, CA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!