Coconut CornbreadFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 1 cup cornmeal shopping list
- 1 cup rice flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground flax shopping list
- 3 tablespoons boiling water shopping list
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, solid shopping list
- 1 cup almond milk or coconut milk* shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey, or less shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Sift together first 5 ingredients.
- Mix flax and boiling water together and let sit for 5 minutes until it reaches an egg-like consistency.
- Add coconut oil to dry ingredients and mix together with your fingers (or a pastry cutter) until it becomes a course meal.
- Mix flax mixture, honey and almond or coconut milk together and add to dry mixture.
- Mix just until combined.
- Pour into an 8 inch square pan or muffin tins greased with coconut oil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in preheated oven.
- *For coconut cream milk mix approximately 2 1/2 teaspoons coconut cream concentrate with 1 cup water or make homemade coconut milk.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
Yummers, loving these coconut recipes you are posting my friend. Great post and a very high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
a must try coconut in my cornbread yep gotta make it high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Definatetly a keeper! Thanks!gardener61 in Woolwich loved it
Muffins, Quick Breads, Scones and Biscuits281 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
Corn Bread54 members
Healthy Baking123 members
101 A Celiac Gluten Free Place170 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members
101 All About Honey44 members
Going Coconuts71 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members
International Baking67 members