Peanut Butter BallsFrom blackcupcake 5 years ago
- peanut butter Balls shopping list
- 2 cups (500 grams) creamy peanut butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup (57 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 - 2 1/2 cups (230 - 290 grams) confectioners (powdered or icing) sugar shopping list
- chocolate Coating shopping list
- 9 ounces (255 grams) semi sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons (25 grams) shortening shopping list
How to make it
- Peanut Butter Balls: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the peanut butter, unsalted butter, and salt in a microwaveable bowl, and heat in the microwave for about one minute or until just soft (check and stir the ingredients every 20 seconds). Stir in the vanilla extract and confectioners sugar and mix until it has the consistency of a dough (add more sugar if necessary).
- Roll the dough into 1 inch (2.5 cm) round balls. Place on the cookie sheet and refrigerate for about one hour, or until firm.
- Melt the chocolate and shortening in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Dip the balls, one at a time, in the melted chocolate, making sure the entire ball is coated with chocolate. Then, with two spoons or a dipping fork, remove the peanut butter ball from the melted chocolate, allowing any excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl. Place the chocolate covered balls back on the baking sheet. When all the balls have been dipped in the chocolate, place in the refrigerator until the chocolate has set. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks. To serve: place in small fluted candy cups.
- Note: If you want to make Buckeyes: place a toothpick into each peanut butter ball and dip, one ball at a time, into the melted chocolate, leaving the top quarter of each ball undipped.
- Makes about 40 pieces, depending on size
People Who Like This Dish 7
- flopstop Nowhere, Us
- ferriswheelforplatypi Mt Prospect, IL
- jett2whit Union City, GA
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- chickita Nepean, CA
- hileeboydston Montgomery, AL
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- jeffsgirl Medford, OR
- davishoneydo Aledo, TX
- blackcupcake CHIOS, GR
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookblackcupcake CHIOS, GR
The Rating5 people
love buckeyes and this recipe sounds delicious thanks bunches high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Mmmmmm good! Do you deliver? Please?!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
yum! I'm going to roll them in cocoa powder instead of coating them in chocolate.ferriswheelforplatypi in Mt Prospect loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!