Oreo Cookies and Cream CakeFrom blackcupcake 7 years ago
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups water shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
- 12 coarsely crushed Oreo cookies (crush additional cookies to sprinkle on top of the cake) shopping list
- frosting shopping list
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar (may need more) shopping list
- 1/2 cup white shortening (if you don't mind a little yellow coloring you may use butter or half of each) shopping list
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream or milk shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl combine cake mix with water, oil and egg whites.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed beat until smooth and well combined (mixture will resemble thick marshmalow fluff).
- Fold in the crushed Oreo cookies. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until cakes tests done,.
- Cool completely.
- For the frosting; in a bowl using an electric mixer beat all frosting ingredients until light and fluffy (you may need to adjust either the cream or sugar until desired consistancy is acheived).
- 11Spread onto the top of the cooled cake.
- 12Sprinkle chopped Oreos onto top of the frosting (use as many as desired for the top).
- 13Refrigerate until ready to serve (store any leftover cake in the refrigerator).