Baked ZitiFrom godiva 9 years ago
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes (undrained) shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups ricotta cheese (or cottage cheese) shopping list
- 1 small onion finely chopped (can use red or white) shopping list
- 1-2 cloves minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp parsely shopping list
- 1 tsp italian seasoning shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper shopping list
- 4 cups hot cooked ziti or penne pasta shopping list
- grated mozzerella cheese (enough to cover pasta) shopping list
- Grated parmesan cheese (fresh or dried) shopping list
How to make it
- I like to "season" my tomatoes for one hour before cooking this dish, but it's not necessary.
- In a large bowl, add tomatoes, onion, garlic, parsley, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and crushed red peppers. Gently stir and let sit for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and stir into tomato mixture. Add ricotta or cottage cheese and stir.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9"x13"x2" baking dish. Cover with grated mozzerella and parmesean cheeses. Bake for approximately 45 minutes until lightly browned and bubbly. Let stand for 8 minutes and enjoy!