Phils Simple Spaghetti sauceFrom sortarican 8 years ago
- 1 onion shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper shopping list
- 4 cloves of garlic shopping list
- 4 fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 1/4 cup of sliced portabella. (you can buy them presliced) shopping list
- 1 package of mild Italian sausage. shopping list
- 2 cans of crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 can of tomato paste shopping list
- 1 can of whole tomatoes shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- salt shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
- sugar shopping list
- oregano shopping list
- **red pepper flakes (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Take the sausage out of the package and cut into 1 inch long pieces or smaller if you desire.
- Take a large sauce pot and coat the bottom with olive oil. When the oil is hot sauté the Sausage till the outside is cooked and starts to brown the remove from the pot.
- In that same pot add chopped onion, pepper, basil and mushrooms and sauté them till the onions start to turn translucent.
- Then add the minced Garlic and keep all the Veggies moving around so the garlic does not burn.
- Let sauté for about a minute total with the garlic then add the tomato paste and then fill the can with water and add that.
- Stir until the paste has softened and let simmer for one minute.
- Add the two cans of crushed tomatoes. Stir making sure everything is distributed evenly.
- Take the whole tomatoes and dice them before putting in the sauce. If you do not want them sliced you can add them whole to the sauce and use a potato masher to crush them.
- Then season with salt pepper and oregano to taste and also make sure to add about a palm full of sugar. The sugar will take away the acidity of the Tomatoes. Bring the sauce to a boil and re-add the Sausage then let simmer for twenty minutes then it’s ready to serve.
- Optional: I like a little kick in my sauce so I usually add some red pepper flakes but that is totally up to you.
The Cooksortarican Maple Shade, NJ
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!