Coconut Layer Cake With Passion Fruit FillingFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 4 1/4 cups flour shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbs plus 1 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened coconut milk shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- 2 tsp pure vanilla shopping list
- 6 egg whites shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1 cup pasion fruit nectar or puree shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 vanilla bean, seeded and scraped shopping list
- Topping shopping list
- 2 cups large dried unsweetned coconut flakes, toasted shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 2 !/2 Tbs sugar shopping list
- 1 stick unsalted butter cut into tablespoons shopping list
How to make it
- Make cake: Use an electric mixer
- Mix dry ingrdients in large bowl including sugar.
- Mix in the butter, coconut milk, water and vanilla until combined at low speed.
- Scrape down bowl and beat at high speed for 2 minutes
- In another bowl beat whites till soft peaks
- Fold half whites into creamed mixture and then add remaining whites until no streaks appear.
- Divide itno 3 greased and papered and greased 8 inch pans.
- Bake in a 350F oven about 45 minutes or tested done.
- Cool in pans 15 mins and remove and cool completely., about 2 hours.
- For filling: In saucepan whisk sugar and ciornstarch then add passion fruit nectar, yolk and vanilla seed and cook and stir over medium heat until thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter, a bit at a time until incorporated.
- Place filling in a glass bowl, cover with plastic and chill till set about 2 hours
- Assemble cake:
- cut each layer in half to make 6 layers
- Place one layer on platter and spread with 6 tbs of filling.
- repeat till ending with a layer of cake.
- Make topping:
- Beat cream with sugar till soft peaks.
- Spread over entire cake.
- Coat whipped cream with the toasted coconut.
- Chill one hour before serving
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
Ohhhh how beautiful it is wow!!!!!! love it yummy....
thank you so much
well happy late birthday !!!
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
awsome beautiful cake great post high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
It looks so yummy. It's no my To Do List!famjila in Guaynabo loved it
Sweet Tooth448 members
Food Styling And Photography254 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Dairy Preparations8 members
Going Coconuts71 members
A Fruity World45 members
Made With Tropical Fruits18 members
BIRTHDAY CLUB123 members
Cakes Of Any Type143 members