Breakfast CasseroleFrom joyinabasket 8 years ago
- 7 large eggs shopping list
- 2 cups milk(I use whole for fat content) shopping list
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar, colby, mozzerella, jack, etc. plus 1/2 cup cheese, reserved. shopping list
- 1 lb. ground sage breakfast pork sausage, turkey or soy crumbles shopping list
- 4 Slices bacon(I use the microwave ready) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt (to taste) shopping list
- 1 tsp. parsley shopping list
- 1/ tsp. garlic powder/pepper (optional) shopping list
- 1 tbs. flour shopping list
- No roll Pastry Recipe(Follows) shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups flour(not self-rising) shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 3/4 cups canola oil shopping list
- 2 1/2 tbs. milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat over to 350. Prepare No Roll Crust by combing all ingredients into a mixing bowl. Mix until blended and dump into 9x12 casserole or baking pan. Knead lightly and press into bottom of pan. Press out evenly so it fits. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Brown sausage and bacon. Drain and set aside.
- Beat the eggs, milk and seasonings.
- Toss 1 tbs. flour with shredded cheese. Add to egg mixture. Add drained sausage crumbles. Mix thoroughly and pour into baking dish on top of prebaked crust.
- Refrigerate or bake immediately at 350 for 30 minutes. You may have to adjust baking times. Sprinkle reserved cheese and crumble bacon on top. Bake for an additional 5 mintues. Cool for 10 minutes and serve.
- This is a great recipe to add your own touch. I have used spinach, mushrooms, onions, and different cheeses. I've also prepared this dish the night before and then baked the next morning. Enjoy!
The Cookjoyinabasket Fayetteville, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!