D-Bomb Buttermilk PancakesFrom imanalienchef 6 years ago
- 3 eggs, separated, minus one yolk (so 2 yolks and 3 whites) shopping list
- 1 and 2/3 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 2 tsps baking powder shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- 1 and a 1/2 cups AP flour shopping list
- 2 TBSP caster sugar shopping list
- 1-2 TBSP maple syrup shopping list
- 3 TBSP melted butter shopping list
- 2 TBSP vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium sized bowl beat the yolks until pale and smooth.
- Beat in the buttermilk and baking soda and mix well.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar… gently mixing as you add these.
- Add the melted butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract and mix well.
- In a small bowl beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the whites very gently until well incorporated.
- Let the batter sit on your cupboard for about 20 minutes.
- Make sure your griddle is on about 325 degrees. Wipe the griddle with an even layer of clarified butter using a folded up paper towel. Scoop batter onto griddle, flip when lots of bubbles form and the underside is golden brown.
- Serve with warm maple syrup and Brown Sugar swiss meringue buttercream. MMMM…..Enjoy!