Dandelion Salad With Hot Bacon DressingFrom lacrenshaw 4 years ago
- 6 cups loosely packed young dandelion greens, washed and cleaned shopping list
- 1/2 pound bacon shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
How to make it
- Tear washed greens in a bowl.
- Fry bacon until crisp and drain on paper towels reserving the fat.
- Boil 4 of the eggs for 15 minutes OR until cooked through.
- Crumble bacon.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Beat together the remaining eggs and the vinegar.
- Stir in milk and 4 tablespoons hot bacon fat.
- Bring to a boil stirring constantly with a wooden spoon and boil 1 minute.
- Mix in half the bacon bits.
- Cool dressing slightly.
- Pour some of the hot dressing over the greens and toss lightly.
- Garnish with shelled and sliced hard boiled eggs and remaining bacon.
- Serve immediately with remaining dressing on the side.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating4 people
No problem finding the Dandelions. But I have to hurry before the lawn is cut. Thank you for sharing.quaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
My parents always ate the dandelion greens, maybe it's time for me to clear the yard of these babies and try this delicious sounding recipe! Love the dressing here!juels in Clayton loved it
I make dandelion wine, jelly and fritta! great postmidgelet in Eastern loved it