7 Up CakeFrom blujayangel 5 years ago
- for the Cake: shopping list
- 3 c. cake flour sifted shopping list
- 3 c. sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. butter (softened) shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 1 c. of 7-up or Sprite shopping list
- 3 tsp. of flavoring extracts shopping list
- for the pan: A good nonstick spray with flour. shopping list
- For the glaze if you like one: shopping list
- 2 cups of super fine powdered sugar or 10X whatever you are comfortable working with shopping list
- milk enough to make sugar soupy remember the flavoring counts shopping list
- ½ teaspoon or more depending on how much you want it to stand out. flavoring of your choice ex: lemon, or lime juice shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt cake pan. Or cheat and just spray that pan.
- Please note the orginal recipe this is taken from advises do not use imitation flavoring or generic sodas. You really have to find humor in the suggestion about not using imitation flavoring. When you dump that soda in.
- Put your butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl, and beat on medium speed. Add eggs one at a time and beating well after each addition.
- Pour all of your flavoring extracts into the 7-up. Add the flour 1 cup at a time alternating with the 7-up. After all ingredients are mixed well pour into prepared bundt pan and bake for 60 minutes. Or until done according to your oven.
- Allow cake to cool. Before placing on plate. Make the icing / glaze by mixing slowly the milk until you get the sort of liquid stage you want. In the summer or hot areas I would use less liquid. In the winter I would get it a little runnier. After all the heat will melt it down for you.
- Before you spread, pour, brush or spoon over the cake you need to add the desired flavoring if you choose one. For this one instead of adding flavoring I took volcano burst lime juice and added a teaspoon. Again this is your choice.