Chipotle Chili with homemade SauceFrom imanalienchef 7 years ago
- chili Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 ½ #’s of hamburger- seasoned with salt and pepper shopping list
- 2-3 chipotle peppers from a can- minced shopping list
- 1/3 lb. elbow pasta (cooked and drained) shopping list
- 2 large sweet onions (yellow)- ¼ inch dice shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic- peeled and fine diced shopping list
- 2-3 TBSP – vegetable oil shopping list
- *EXTRAS---Block of Jalapeno Monterey Jack cheese- shredded finely (use for the top of chili) shopping list
- Saltine crackers- add crushed if you like. shopping list
- Sliced Jalapeno peppers- add if you like more heat and flavor. shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- ¼ cup butter shopping list
- ¼ cup flour shopping list
- ¼ cup olive oil shopping list
- 4 cups water shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp fresh ground coriander shopping list
- ¼ cup cocoa powder shopping list
- ¼ cup brown sugar shopping list
- 16 oz. plain tomato sauce or a garlic one shopping list
- 1 TBSP garlic powder shopping list
- 2 TBSP cinnamon shopping list
- Either 2 TBSP chili powder and 2 TBSP of chipotle powder or, use Penzeys chili 9000 blend (¼ cup) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. First place water in a medium saucepan and cook the noodles until tender, drain, wash and set aside until later.
- 2. Now use a large deep non-stick skillet to Brown the hamburger. Add the chopped chipotles to the hamburger and season with salt and pepper. Cook on medium heat until about ¾ of the way cooked.
- 3. Drain the hamburger, set aside meat in a bowl for later. Discard liquid.
- 4. In a small bowl mix together the flour, Penzey’s powder, cumin, coriander, cocoa powder and brown sugar, garlic powder and cinnamon.
- 5. Heat the butter and oil in the skillet over medium heat for about minute stirring to mix well.
- 6. Now mix in the water and tomato sauce, making sure there are no lumps.
- 7. Stir this mixture with a whisk well until it thickens slightly. Not too much…maybe 3-4 minutes.
- 8. Lower the temperature to low on the large skillet with the sauce in it.
- 9. Use the saucepan you used to cook noodles now and heat it up to medium-high heat, and add the ¼ cup of oil.
- 10. Toss in the onions and fresh diced garlic and cook until it browns a little.
- 11. Add the Noodles, Hamburger and the onion/garlic mix all into the large skillet of sauce carefully.
- 12. Heat on medium stirring constantly for a couple minutes to incorporate all ingredients.
- 13. Enjoy!!!
- 14. Serve in bowls and top off with crackers, jalapenos, cheese or any other toppings of your choice.
The Cookimanalienchef Appleton, WI
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!