Chicken PieFrom turtlebelly 8 years ago
- 1x chicken (or 4-6 chicken breast halves), cooked and boned shopping list
- 2x cups chopped mixed vegetables (may use canned). shopping list
- 1.75-2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1x 10.75-ounce can cream of celery or cream of chicken soup shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 2 cups self rising flour shopping list
- 1.5 cups milk or buttermilk shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, prepare 1/2 cup butter or margarine, 1 cup self-rising flour, and 3/4 cup milk or buttermilk. Stir well
- Pour batter into 13x9x2-inch glass dish, smooth evenly
- place chicken and vegetables into glass dish
- pour broth over chicken. Spoon soup over broth and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Mix the remaining butter, flour, and milk, spoon evenly over soup, spread with back of spoon until surface is evenly spread.
- bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees farenheit for 40 minutes or until top crust browns.