Mixed Vegetable CurryFrom petoo 5 years ago
- 5 tbsp - refined oil / coconut oil shopping list
- 3 tsp of "panchforan" (5 mixed Indian full seed spices consisting of equal volumes of fenugreek, mustard, cumin, kalaunji, azwain) shopping list
- 3 medium onions - sliced longitudinally shopping list
- 5 green chillies chopped shopping list
- 30 gm ginger peeled and chopped shopping list
- 2 large tomatoes chopped shopping list
- 100 gm each of - button mushroom, beans, carrot, capsicum, cauliflower, green peas shopping list
- 50 gm - cashewnut shopping list
- 1 tsp - red chilli powder shopping list
- 3 tsp - turmeric powder shopping list
- 2 tsp - chat masala (optional) shopping list
- 5 pods of green cardamom shopping list
- 3 tbsp - fresh cream (for additional taste) shopping list
- salt to taste. shopping list
How to make it
- Wash, clean and chop all vegetables into small pieces.
- Keep the chopped capsicum aside and parboil the rest of the vegetables.
- Place the "kadai" (a deep frying pan - similar to wok) on medium flame and pour oil.
- Gently heat the oil till some fumes appear and add "panchforan".
- Almost immediately after put the chopped onions.
- Once the onions start attaining brownish tinge, add chopped green chilies and almost immediately after that put chopped tomatoes, all this while keep gently stirring the mix till tomato pieces are softened enough and start looking semi-paste.
- Add mixed boiled vegetables; gently mix the vegetables with the contents in the kadai.
- Add turmeric powder and red chili powder. Add salt.
- Stir the mix for around 2 minutes and add chopped capsicum.
- Sprinkle some water as required. Cover it with lid and reduce flame to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir the mix again thoroughly for 2 minutes.
- Add cashew nut and full green cardamom.
- Add 3 cups of water, stir gently till curry starts boiling. Cover with lid and leave for another 1 minute.
- Switch off the stove and wait for 3 minutes for the flavor to develop.
- Remove the lid and wait for a few minutes for the preparation to cool down slightly.
- Now top up the curry with fresh cream and serve.
- Garnish with coriander leaves if you like.
The Cookpetoo Chennai, IN
The Rating2 people
Might Take An Afternoon Collecting The Groceries For This If You Don't Have The Ingredients On Hand. But, I Can Only Imagine How Incredible This Must Be (Taste & Aroma). Alot Of Wonderful Spices In This. I Gotta Try This One.
Steffgoblue434 in Anniston loved it
thanks for shring this, great recipe, love more please!midgelet in Eastern loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!