Roasted Vegetables with Creamy White Wine SauceFrom grizzlybear 7 years ago
- 8 cups (about 2 lb. total) zucchini and/or yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices shopping list
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cored, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch slices shopping list
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, divided shopping list
- 1 cup Evaporated Lowfat 2% milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional) shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded swiss cheese, divided shopping list
How to make it
- PREHEAT oven to 400° F. Line baking sheet with foil.
- PLACE zucchini, bell peppers and onion in single layer on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and 1/4 teaspoon thyme; toss lightly to coat.
- BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Transfer to 2-quart serving dish.
- MEANWHILE, HEAT evaporated milk, wine, cornstarch, remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and remaining 1/4 teaspoon thyme, salt and onion powder in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring just to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in cheese, 1/2 cup at a time, allowing each addition to be melted before adding more cheese. Remove from heat.
- POUR cheese sauce over vegetables; toss lightly to coat. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
- • Large diameter zucchini or yellow summer squash may be cut in half or quarters before slicing.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating5 people
it sounds really good grizz a nice spring and summer side dish yummm
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I am so pleased to see you have submitted
more of your Fabulous recipes~
This being one~
~*~mj~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Another fantastic dish of yours. I know it will be as good as it sounds. Cant wait to made it. Well done and thank you...unicorn4 in Melbourne loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!