Chicken Fried Wild TurkeyFrom dutchie326 7 years ago
- 1 turkey breast, deboned and cut into strips across the grain. shopping list
- 1 16 oz. bottle Italian dressing shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. lemon pepper shopping list
- Dash of liquid smoke shopping list
- 2 eggs beaten shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- salt as needed shopping list
- pepper as needed shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- peanut or vegetable oil as needed shopping list
How to make it
- Marinate turkey strips in Italian dressing, lemon pepper, and Liquid Smoke for 8 hours or overnight.
- In small bowl, beat eggs into milk. In second bowl, mix salt pepper, and flour.
- Dip turkey strips in egg wash and then into batter.
- Deep fry in oil until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with gravy made with 2 Tbsp. flour combined in skillet with 2 Tbsp. melted butter, salt and pepper.
- Slowly add 1 cup milk, stirring constantly until thickened.
- The amount of servings depends on how large the breast is.