Oatmeal Icebox CookiesFrom whodunitrdr 6 years ago
- 3/4 cup flour ; sifted shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 egg ; lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats shopping list
- 1/2 cup pecans ; finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Sift together dry ingredients, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla; mix in dry ingredients, oats and nuts.
- Divide dough in half, turn out onto lightly floured board, and shape into 2 rolls about 10" long and 1 1/2" in diameter.
- Wrap in foil or plastic wrap and chill well or freeze.
- About 10 minutes before cookies are to be baked, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice rolls 1/4" thick and arrange cookies 2" apart on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake about 10 minutes, until tan.
- Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Makes about 6 dozen cookies.
- NOTES : You can also use walnuts or toasted almonds instead of pecans.