French Chicken Onion Soup with Cheese ToastFrom dcwins 4 years ago
- 2 12.5 oz cans boneless chicken breast shopping list
- 2 T butter shopping list
- 5 large onions (2 lbs) cut into thin half moons shopping list
- 2 T flour shopping list
- 2 14.5 oz cans beef broth shopping list
- 2 14.5 oz cans chicken broth shopping list
- 1 c dry white wine shopping list
- salt & ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 8 slices of French or Italian bread shopping list
- 1 c shredded Swiss or gruyere cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Add onions and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Uncover and increase the heat to medium-high.
- Cook, stirring often, until the onions are golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir to cook the flour, about 1 minute.
- Pour in the broths and the wine.
- Bring to a simmer, scraping up the browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Add the chicken meat to the soup and season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- When ready to serve, position the broiler rack about 6 inches from the source of the heat and preheat the broiler.
- Broil the bread slices until lightly toasted.
- Turn the bread over and mound the cheese on each slice.
- Broil until the cheese is bubbling, about 2 minutes.
- Serve the soup hot, floating a cheese toast on each serving.
The Cookdcwins Clinton, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!