Bean amp Rice Soup Kettle or Slow CookerFrom dcwins 7 years ago
- 1 c dried beans, any type shopping list
- 3 quarts of water shopping list
- 2 c tomato juice or chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 1 carrot, diced shopping list
- 1 potato, cubed shopping list
- 1/4 c uncooked rice shopping list
- 1/3 c chopped onion shopping list
- 1 beef bullion cube OR 1 c broth shopping list
- salt & pepper, basil, and other spices to taste shopping list
- 1/2 lb browned ground beef or other meat (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine in large kettle or slow cooker:
- beans and water
- Soak overnight; then simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add all the other ingredients and bring to a boil. If using a slow cooker, turn to high.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour, OR leave slow cooker on high for 1 hour.
The Cookdcwins Clinton, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!