Generic Frittata In A Convection OvenFrom whuebl 7 years ago
- 8 ea eggs shopping list
- 1 ea medium onions shopping list
- 1 ea clove garlic shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable(s); optional* shopping list
- 1 cup meat; optional** shopping list
- 1 cup Shredded cheese; optional*** shopping list
- 1 cup whole milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon flour; I use cooked flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated parmigiano; parmesan cheese shopping list
- butter shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- nutmeg shopping list
- * like frozen stirfry veggies, thawed shopping list
- ** like ham cubed in a very small dice shopping list
- *** like swiss or an Italian mix shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat the convection oven. If you do not have one, then set your oven to 450 F.
- Peel and slice the onion, and heat them in a skillet with a little oil until they wilt, without letting them brown. Add any meat and vegetables with garlic, mashed, and cook for a minute or two. When they are cooked and translucent, remove them from the heat.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a bowl, then slowly stir in the milk, the flour, and the cheese, if used. Add the onion mixture, mix well, and season everything with salt and pepper.
- Prepare a rectangular aluminum pan that fits the convection oven by buttering the bottom and sides of it. Then butter wax paper to fit the pan and place in the pan. Place the contents of the bowl in the pan carefully so as not to disturb the butter. Sprinkle with parmigiano or parmesan cheese. Then splinkle lightly with nutmeg.
- Put in the convenction oven and cook for 20 minutes. In a regular oven it may take 30 minutes or longer... the top may puff up
- Turn the frittata onto a platter, remove wax paper, slice and serve.
- Some other choices include; asparagus, hash, shredded potatoes, brocolli - limited only by your imagination!