Easy Apple Cornflake Dessert With Lemon GlazeFrom sparow64 7 years ago
- DESSERT shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups flour, sifted shopping list
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup lard or shortening shopping list
- 1 egg, separated shopping list
- 2 egg whites shopping list
- milk as needed shopping list
- 2/3 cup cornflakes, crushed shopping list
- 5 cups apples, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- glaze shopping list
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sift flour, sugar and salt together.
- Cut in shortening.
- Put the egg yolk in a measuring cup and add milk to make 2/3 cup total.
- Add to shortening mixture.
- Mix into a ball.
- Roll half into a 15 x 11-inch rectangle and place on a cookie sheet. Cover with cornflakes and apples.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll out other half of dough for top and pinch edges shut.
- Beat egg whites and spread over the top crust.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Drizzle glaze of confectioners' sugar and lemon juice (may require more lemon juice) over top after baking.