Chicken EnchiladasFrom heidigoseek 7 years ago
- 1 tbs canola oil shopping list
- 6 tbs salsa verdi shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 banana pepper, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- salt and black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 2-lb rotisserie chicken, meat shredded shopping list
- 1 14.5-oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained shopping list
- 1 1/4-cups Monterey Jack, grated shopping list
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas shopping list
- fresh salsa shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400-degrees. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high head. Add the salsa verdi, onion, banana pepper, garlic, cumin, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 10-12 minutes. Transfer to a blender, add the cream, and puree.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, tomatoes, 1 cup of the cheese, 1/2 cup of salsa verdi sauce, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the remaining sauce in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Roll the chicken mixture in the tortillas and place them in the dish, seam-side down.
- Top with remaining sauce and cheese. Bake until beginning to brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve with fresh salsa.
The Cookheidigoseek Ann Arbor, MI
The Rating3 people
Sounds really good, love the banana pepper addition. Thanks for sharing!
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
I really like the sound of this. Quick and easy but with a lot of flavor. I like the sauce. For my taste, may change the banana pepper to a chile with a little more kick ..... ;-)~ Thanks for sharing the recipe... Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!