White Wine Salmon Corn Cakes Dated 1966From chefmeow 5 years ago
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 4 whole peppercorns shopping list
- 2 parsley sprigs shopping list
- 5 celery leaves shopping list
- 2 salmon steaks shopping list
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels cooked shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves shopping list
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon spicy mustard shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 egg plus 1 egg white lightly beaten shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups cracker crumbs shopping list
- 4 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Combine water, wine, bay leaf, peppercorns, parsley and celery leaves in shallow pan.
- Slowly bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and add salmon steaks.
- Simmer until salmon is just cooked through then remove with slotted spatula.
- Drain and cool slightly then flake salmon into a bowl.
- Add corn, shallots, red pepper, celery and cilantro then fold together gently with rubber spatula.
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard and Tabasco then fold into salmon mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper then gently fold egg, whites and 1/4 cup crumbs into salmon mix.
- Form into 8 large patties then lay some crumbs on a plate and coat patties on both sides.
- Refrigerate covered for up to 1 hour then heat 2 tablespoons oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Cook salmon corncakes a few at a time until golden about 3 minutes per side.
- Add more oil to skillet as needed.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!