Green Herb SalsaFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 1/4c blanched almonds,toasted shopping list
- 1 small garlic clove shopping list
- 1c fresh parsley leaves shopping list
- 1/2c fresh cilantro leaves shopping list
- 1/2c fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 2/3c extra -virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/8 tsp red-pepper flakes shopping list
- coarse salt and ground black pepper shopping list
- 2tsp white-wine vinegar or white balsamic vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Using chef's knife(or food processor)finely chop almonds,garlic and herbs. Stir (or blend) in oil and red-pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper.
- To store,refrigerate up to 1 day. Stir in vinegar just before serving.
- Great variations: Feel free to include any type of soft green herb,such a s oregano,chives,mint. You can also substitute pistachios,walnuts or pne nuts for the almonds.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating3 people
The almond addition is marvelous...it is like a cross between a chimichurri sauce and a pesto. I know I like it because chimchurri is a new favorite food.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
yes yes yes. Sounds so good.
VRvictoriaregina in USA loved it
I agree with Notyourmomma, sounds a little like a wonderful pesto sauce! Definitely a 5, thanks!juels in Clayton loved it