Baked Sweet Potato FelafelFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (orange inside), around 700g or 1 1/2 pounds in total shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 2 small cloves of garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander shopping list
- 2 big handfuls of fresh cilantro/coriander, chopped shopping list
- juice of half a lemon shopping list
- a scant cup (120g) gram /chickpea flour shopping list
- a splash of olive oil shopping list
- a sprinkling of sesame seeds shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 425F degrees (220C) and roast the sweet potatoes whole until just tender - 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Turn off the oven, leave the potatoes to cool, then peel.
- Put the sweet potatoes, cumin, garlic, ground and fresh coriander, lemon juice and gram/chickpea flour into a large bowl.
- Season well, and mash until smooth with no large chunks.
- Stick in the fridge to firm up for an hour, or the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- When you take it out, your mix should be sticky rather than really wet.
- You can add a tablespoon or so more of chickpea flour if necessary (the water content of sweet potatoes varies enormously).
- Reheat the oven to 400F/200C.
- Using a couple of soup spoons (put a well-heaped spoonful of mix in one spoon and use the concave side of the other to shape the sides) or a falafel scoop if you have one, make the mixture into falafelly looking things and put them on an oiled tray.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and bake in the oven for around 15 minutes, until the bases are golden brown.
- Makes about 18 falafel, enough for 4 - 6.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating1 people
great tasty recipe thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Unusual Combinations82 members
Anything Goes286 members
Appetizers And Dips268 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Cilantro Lovers130 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members
Vegetarian Appetizers41 members
Vegetarian Spicy Delights40 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members
Restaurant Recipes68 members