MARINATED FLANK STEAK WITH BLUE CHEESE SAUCEFrom twohot 4 years ago
- • 1 1/4 pounds beef flank steak shopping list
- • 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon brown sugar shopping list
- • 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- • 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese shopping list
- • 2 tablespoons lowfat buttermilk shopping list
- • Dash worcestershire sauce shopping list
- • 1 medium red onion shopping list
- • 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- • 12 radicchio leaves shopping list
- • 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Place the steak pieces between 2 pieces of plastic wrap or parchment and pound to 1/4- inch thickness. Cut into 4 equal pieces, diagonally, against the grain.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar and garlic. Put the steak into a sealable plastic bag with the marinade and let sit for 30 minutes at room temperature, or 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- In the meantime, in a small bowl combine the blue cheese and buttermilk with a fork, mashing until creamy. Stir in the Worcestershire and set aside.
- Spray a large grill pan with cooking spray and preheat over medium-high heat. Cut the onion into 1/4-inch rounds brush both sides with the remaining tablespoon of oil and grill 6 minutes per side. Separate into rings and set aside.
- Remove the meat from the marinade and season both sides with salt and pepper. Discard the marinade. Cook the meat in the grill pan over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Arrange 3 radicchio leaves and a pile of onions on each serving plate. Top with a piece of steak. Drizzle with blue cheese sauce and top with a sprinkling of parsley.
- Per Serving:
- Calories 310; Total Fat 16 g; (Sat Fat 5 g, Mono Fat 8 g, Poly Fat 1.5 g) ; Protein 33 g; Carb 7 g; Fiber 1 g; Cholesterol 50 mg; Sodium 450 mg