No Bake Banana Split CakeFrom 77mini 4 years ago
- 3 Cups graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 3 ½ Sticks butter (real butter makes a difference) shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 Tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 2 Cups Confectioners sugar shopping list
- 5 bananas shopping list
- lemon juice shopping list
- 20 oz. (1 Can) crushed pineapples - Drained shopping list
- 1 Large Tub CoolWhip shopping list
- 2 Cups Crushed walnuts (optional) shopping list
- cherries (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Crust: Combine graham cracker crumbs with 1 ½ stick of butter. Press into a 9x12 pan. Chill to set.
- Filling: Combine 2 sticks butter, 2 eggs, vanilla and 2 cups confectioners sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Beat for 20 minutes. A stand mixer helps here. DO NOT SKIMP ON TIME! (Your patience will be rewarded).
- Pour into crust and even out.
- Slice bananas and dip all slices into a small bowl of lemon juice to prevent browning. Drain and place in a layer over filling.
- Place pineapple in a layer over the bananas.
- Cover Pineapples with the CoolWhip.
- Optionally, spread walnuts and cherries on top.
- Chill at least 4 hours before eating or freezing.
- Nutritional Info: Do NOT even think that this is low fat or low calories!
The Cook77mini Buffalo, NY
The Rating5 people
great recipe high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
OH! I am so glad you posted this! My grandmother used to make this when I was little! She called it Banana Split Dessert, and we have lost the recipe over the years. Haven't had this since I was 10 or 12 years old. Thank you! I will be making t...moresparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Sounds great when you need something good and have to slap it together in a hurry and throw in the fridge for later. Can you use the substitute eggs, if someone worries about the non-cooked eggs?dynie in Marietta loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!