Tex Mex Chicken With Chilies And CheeseFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 11/4lb. boneless,skinless chicken breast halves,trimmed and sliced 1/4" thick. shopping list
- 11/2tsp chili powder shopping list
- 1/2tsp ground cumin shopping list
- kosher salt and frsh ground pepper shopping list
- 1/2c flour shopping list
- 31/2Tbs unsalted butter shopping list
- 11/2c fresh or thawed frozen corn kernels shopping list
- 1 med. jalapeno,seeded if desired and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 large clove garlic,minced shopping list
- 2-3 med. limes,1 or 2 juiced to yield 3Tbs and 1 cut in wedges shopping list
- 1Tbs chopped fresh oregano shopping list
- 1c grated cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Position rack about 4" from broiler and heat broiler to high.
- Toss chicken with chili powder,cumin,3/4tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Lightly dredge in flour and shake off off any excess.
- Melt 21/2Tbs of butter in 12" ovenproof skillet(preferably cast iron) over med-high heat. Add chicken and cook,stirring occasionally,until browned,about 5 mins. Transfer to plate.
- Add remaining 1Tbs butter,the corn,jalapeno,garlic and 1/2tsp salt. Cook,stirring,until the corn begins to brown lightly,2 to 3 mins. Add chicken,lime juice,oregano and 1/2c water. Cook,stirring until chicken just cooked thru,about 2 mins.
- Sprinke with cheddar cheese and transfer skillet to broiler. Broil till cheese melts and browns on top,about 3 mins. Serve with lime wedges.