Streusal Peach MuffinsFrom midgelet 4 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 1/3 brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 cup peaches, peeled and diced shopping list
- For the topping: shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- . In a medium bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and allspice.
- In another bowl, whisk two large eggs.
- Add the oil, milk, brown sugar, and sour cream.
- Blend well.
- Stir in the peaches.
- With a spatula, mix the dry ingredients into the liquid mixture.
- Stir until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into 10 to 12 well-greased muffin tins.
- Ten muffins will give you large, nicely-domed muffins.
- Fill any unused muffins cups half full of water.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cut the butter in with a pastry knife until you have a coarse mixture.
- Spoon the topping onto the muffins before baking.
- Bake for eight minutes at 425 degrees.
- Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking for another 6 to 10 minutes or until they test done with a toothpick.
- Let the muffins sit in the tins for a few minutes and then remove
- them to wire racks to cool.
- Bakers note: The peaches add some liquid to this recipe.
- Depending on how ripe and juicy your peaches are, you may need to adjust the moisture by adding a tablespoon of flour or milk.
- The batter should be thick and “spoonable”.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating2 people
Sweet Tooth446 members
Southern Cooks553 members
Muffins, Quick Breads, Scones and Biscuits280 members
Fruit Desert40 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Dairy Preparations8 members
Breakfast Recipes121 members
Bake Sale125 members
Quick Breads71 members
Breakfast Craze69 members