Corninglass Shake And Bake MixFrom dollhead 6 years ago
- Several years ago I cooked for an average of 600+ children & adults on a daily basis in a school setting. One of the all time biggest sellers was my oven fried chicken-made with a coating mix I got as an insert in a piece of corning Glassware I had purchased in the 1970's. shopping list
- The coating mix was made from cornflake crumbs, oregano, paprika, salt & pepper and that's all I can remember. shopping list
- I lost the recipe in one of my moves and am heartbroken as it is the BEST coating mix I have ever had. shopping list
- When I worked at the school, the oven-fried chicken I made using this mix was a huge best seller. shopping list
- Teachers and kids alike could smell it as it baked in the oven and by lunchtime everyone was craving a second helping or more. shopping list
- I never had left-overs...even using the "government" chicken. shopping list
- I was recently able to contact an elderly retired exec from the now extinct corning glassworks.......he recalls the recipe also, but has been unable to locate it in his paperworks. shopping list
- If any of you guys have that recipe-perhaps from a piece of corningware you purchased years ago- I sure would appreciate it. shopping list
How to make it
- The company called it Corning Glass Shake-&-Bake to the best of my recollection.
- It really is the greatest coating for chicken.
- Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you all.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- dollhead Mechanicville, US
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔