Chocolate Strawberry ShortcakeFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 6 cups fresh strawberries shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided shopping list
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL dark cocoa shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine shopping list
- 2/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1 cup (1/2 pt.)cold whipping cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Reserve 6 strawberries. Slice remaining berries; in bowl, gently stir together sliced berries and 1/4 cup granulated sugar. Heat oven to 450°F. Grease 8-inch round baking pan.
- 2. Stir together flour, cocoa, remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir together milk and egg; add all at once to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Spread dough in prepared pan, building up edges slightly.
- 3. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean; cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan; place on serving plate. Beat whipping cream and powdered sugar until stiff. Arrange some sliced berries over cake; top with whipped cream. Garnish with reserved whole strawberries; serve with remaining sliced berries. 8 servings
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!