Wheat Pizza DoughFrom shecookstoconquer 5 years ago
- 1 cup warm water (I used filtered and microwave it until I get to about 105 degrees) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast (or one of those little packets) shopping list
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons sea salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Combine water, sugar, and yeast. Let sit until foamy (about 4-5 minutes).
- Combine flour and salt into the bowl of stand Mixer. Pour in yeast mixture and olive oil.
- With the dough hook, mix together everything on medium speed until a dough ball forms, about 5 minutes. If the dough is sticky, add more flour. If it is crumbly, add more water. The dough should be elastic.
- Turn onto lightly-floured surface, and knead a few more times. It should form into a nice ball of dough, that springs back when you touch it, and has a slightly vevelty texture.
- Put dough in an oiled bowl, and roll it around to coat the entire ball.
- Cover with a damp tea towel, and let rise in a warm spot for about 60 to 90 minutes. I set my oven on Warm (170 degrees) as I am prepping the dough. Then I put the dough in the oven, and turn the oven off.
- Once it rises, return to the floured surface and knead it a few more times.
- Divide the dough in half or thirds. Form each half into a ball.
- Roll out and top and bake. It is best baked at 500 degrees.
The Cookshecookstoconquer Dallas, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!