Flan in a TeacupFrom neoncrucifixion 5 years ago
- **Najika's special flan is made by pouring it in a teacup. Metal flan cups conduct heat and are hard to manage. Making the flan in plastic is easier and it will come out prettier!** shopping list
- (Flan) shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups milk shopping list
- 5 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- a little bit of vanilla shopping list
- (caramel sauce) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
How to make it
- Put milk on low heat and add sugar. Stir well and when the sugar melts, stop the heat and cool for a minute. Make sure you don't let the milk boil.
- Break the eggs in a bowl and stir well.
- Slowly pour the milk from step 1 into the bowl from step 2 and stir. Add some vanilla.
- Pour the mix from step 3 through a strainer. This makes the flan smoother.
- Make the caramel sauce in a small pot. Put the water and sugar in the pot and stir quickly over high heat. When it becomes brown, remove from heat and put it into four cups.
- Pour the mix from step 4 into the cups over the caramel sauce.
- Fill a pot with water and put a steamer above it. When the water starts steaming, stop the heat and put the cups in the steamer. Please be careful not to burn yourself. After 2 to 3 minutes on high heat, lower the heat and steam for another 13 to 15 minutes. When you put it on low heat, move the lid a little so some of the steam will escape. The point is to maintain it on low heat. If you put a towel under the lid, water won't get into the flan.
- Poke a hole in the flan with a toothpick, and if juice doesn't come out, it's done. After it cools, put it in the refrigerator.
- **DONE!! Top it with whipped cream or fruit and it'll be GOOD!!**
The Cookneoncrucifixion Bethlehem, PA
The Rating2 people
I would like to try this recipe~
However, I need help regarding the use of 'plastic' cups to make it in~
Please advise we on just what kind you are using and where to buy them?
~*~mjcmcook~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Actually I am making it right now, but it will NOT get hard for the life of me!! I've been steaming for quite some time now with the top a little open and on low heat. It's getting a BIT thicker... man it smells good and also looks a lot like the fla...moreShellyricecakes in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!