Chunky Potato and Bacon SoupFrom mrstempest 6 years ago
- 1 onion shopping list
- 4 rashers bacon, rind removed, roughly chopped shopping list
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed shopping list
- 2 cups hot vegetable stock shopping list
- 3 sticks celery, sliced shopping list
- 2 tbs plain flour shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- ½ cup grated tasty cheese shopping list
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a large sauce pan and cook onion and bacon for 1 minute.
- Add potatoes and cook for a further 3 minutes over a low heat.
- Add stock and celery to the potato mixture and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered for 10-15 minutes for until potatoes are tender.
- Blend flour in half a cup of milk, then once blended add remaining milk and mix. Slowly pour milk mixture into the soup. Increase heat and stir constantly until soup boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese and half the chives. Season to taste with cracked black pepper.
- Serve topped with remaining chives.
The Cookmrstempest Sunshine Coast, AU
The Rating5 people
I can see why your son likes this. Sounds fantastic. Great post and a very high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
nice comfort food recipe... five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!