Jerk PorkFrom lenora 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped garlic shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped ginger shopping list
- 2 scallions shopping list
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper, seeded (or to taste) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pimento seeds or ground allspice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup corn oil shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- vinegar to taste shopping list
- 4 pounds pork legs shopping list
How to make it
- In food processor, blend the onion, garlic, ginger, scallion, pepper, pimento, thyme, soy sauce, and corn oil to a smooth paste.
- Mix in the salt and vinegar.
- Rub the paste on the pork and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Barbecue the pork over an open fire, turning often to avoid burning.
- The recipe came from Sandals Royal, Jamacian Resort - Montego Bay Jamaica