Easy Strawberry Rhubarb CobblerFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 3/4 cup granulated Pure Cane sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries shopping list
- TOPPING: shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Pure Cane sugar shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup cold butter shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- Additional sugar shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Add rhubarb and strawberries; toss to coat.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine egg and milk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto fruit.
- Sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
- Note: serve with ice cream, whipped cream etc
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
Quick N Easy123 members
Fruit Desert40 members
Seasonally Spring45 members
A Fruity World45 members
SUMMERTIME SCRUMPTIOUS SENSATIONS25 members
Cakes Of Any Type143 members
Quick Simple And Tasty52 members
Veggies N Fruits R Good 4 U25 members
Desserts Desserts Everywhere50 members