Curried Chicken Salad With Green Onions Golden Raisins And Granny Smith AppleFrom luisascatering 4 years ago
- For poaching the chicken: shopping list
- 4 chicken breasts halves, on the bone and fat trimmed shopping list
- a few sprigs of fresh parsley shopping list
- 4 green onion, whole shopping list
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt shopping list
- small handful of mixed peppercorns shopping list
- For the chicken salad: shopping list
- about 4 cups diced poached chicken shopping list
- 1 granny smith apple, finely diced shopping list
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 2 scallion, minced shopping list
- 1 cup "Best Foods" mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/2 cup golden raisins shopping list
- 2 teaspoon curry powder (or to taste) shopping list
- 1-2 tablespoons honey, to taste shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Place the chicken in a stock pot and cover with water (water should be at least 2 inches above chicken) Add the green onions, parsley, peppercorns and salt. Bring just to a boil. Lower the heat to very low.
- Cook, skimming foam from surface as necessary, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the breast registers 160 degrees. Remove the pan from the heat, uncover, cool the chicken in the liquid for 30 minutes.
- Strain and cool: Transfer chicken to heatproof bowl. Strain liquid and pour over poached chicken; let cool in liquid (this will keep the chicken moist and tender). When chicken is cool, separate meat from bones and discard skin and bones. Slice chicken against the grain into 1-inch pieces.
- Place cubed chicken in large mixing bowl, add the remaining salad ingrediants and combine. Season with pepper to taste.
- Serve on your favorite bread, toasted or untoasted. Also really great on mini croissants!