Cheese Steak SoupFrom lenora 5 years ago
- 1/4 cup canola oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 large onions, diced small shopping list
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion powder shopping list
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder shopping list
- 2 1/2 pounds beef tenderloin, sliced lengthwise and cubed shopping list
- 6 cups water shopping list
- 1/4 cup beef bouillon cube powder shopping list
- 8 ounces sliced American cheese shopping list
- bread bowls, hollowed out, for serving shopping list
- Sliced chives, to garnish shopping list
- Chopped parsley leaves, to garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a large stockpot or Dutch oven, heat oil. Add onions and saute for 2 to 3 minutes on high until fragrant and tender.
- In a large bowl, mix salt, pepper, flour, onion powder, and garlic powder together.
- Add meat to seasoned flour.
- Dredge to coat and add flour and meat to pot with onions.
- Cook until meat is lightly browned, stirring frequently for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add water and beef bouillon to pot and continue to cook and stir on high until soup begins to thicken.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn heat off and add cheese.
- Cover the pot with a lid and allow the cheese to sit and melt.
- Pour into bread bowls and garnish with chives and parsley.
The Cooklenora Oak Park, MI
The Rating4 people
Oh that sounds wonderful, thank you so much for sharing, I love soup. You have my 5 for this great recipe.henrie in Savannah loved it
Great post...:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it