Bacon wrapped shrimp nachos with a balsamic tomato mix and roasted red pepper sauceFrom chinaski25 4 years ago
- corn tortillas, cut into quarters and deep fried - or just buy some triagular tortilla chips, but the homemade are soooo good. shopping list
- 10 shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 5 bacon strips, cut in half shopping list
- 3 plum tomatoes shopping list
- 1/4 cup onion, diced shopping list
- 2 T. balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 2 red bell peppers shopping list
- Cheap cooking oil shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1/3 c. sour cream shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Deep fry the corn tortilla quarters in 350 degrees until crisp. Be careful to leave in triagle form.
- Peel and devein your shrimp
- wrap each half strip of bacon around each shrimp and put in refrigerator.
- Cut up your tomatoes, without the seeds, into a fine dice
- cut up your onions into a fine dice and add to the tomatoes
- Add the balsamic vinegar to the tomato/onions and mix.
- Throw into the refrigerator
- Dab each bell pepper with oil and rub your hands around it making sure there is oil on every part of the pepper, but not too much
- Turn on your stovetop burners and throw your bell peppers directly on the flame.
- (If you have an electric stove top put the peppers on a cookie sheet at a high temperature into the oven to reach same effect)
- Turn the peppers until black has almost completely engulfed the skin.
- Throw the peppers into a tupperware and cover for a half hour. (The steam created will help loosen the skin)
- Scrape off the skin with your hands (DO NOT RUN UNDER WATER)
- Put the roasted peppers into a blender with the garlic and the sour cream.
- Blend until smooth.
- Sautee your bacon wrapped shrimp until crispy on each side
- Put the shrimp on the tortilla triangle, add some of the balsamic tomato, then top with the roasted red pepper sauce.
The Cookchinaski25 Aurora, IL
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!