Filet Mignon With Mustard Port SauceFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1 tablespoon softened unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 4 filet mignons shopping list
- 3 tablespoons minced shallot shopping list
- 1/3 cup tawny port shopping list
- 2/3 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 1 cup beef broth shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons spicy mustard shopping list
How to make it
- Knead butter and flour together to make beurre manie.
- In a heavy skillet heat oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Brown filets mignons patted dry and seasoned with salt and pepper for 2 minutes on each side.
- Sauté filets turning on both sides and edges for 8 minutes.
- Transfer to cutting board and let stand covered loosely with foil while making sauce.
- In fat remaining in skillet cook shallot over moderately low heat stirring until softened.
- Add Port and wine then boil mixture until it is reduced by two thirds.
- Add broth then boil until reduced by half then strain mixture through fine sieve into small pan.
- Whisk in mustard then bring to boil and add beurre manie slowly whisking until smooth.
- Simmer sauce whisking occasionally for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in any juices that have accumulated on cutting board and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut filets into 1/4" thick slices and divide slices among 4 plates and spoon sauce over them.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!