Vegetarian LasagnaFrom wrigggit 7 years ago
- 40g butter shopping list
- 2 tbspns plain flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups reduced fat milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup tasty cheese, grated shopping list
- 2 large fresh lasagna sheets shopping list
- 250g grilled eggplant, rounghly chopped shopping list
- 150g fresh ricotta cheese, crumbled shopping list
- 1/3 cup basil leaves, finely shredded shopping list
- 250g chargrilled red capsicum, roughly chopped shopping list
- shaved parmesan, to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Heat butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk til well combined. Cook 1-2 mins or until bubbly. Remove from heat and slowly add milk, whisking continually until smooth. Return to heat and whisk til mixture comes to the boil. Add tasty cheese and reduce heat to low. Simmer 2 mins til thickened.
- Cut lasagna sheets in half lengthwise and then cut each strip into 3 pieces crossways, forming 12 rectangular pieces.
- Bring saucepan of water to boil, add pasta and cook 3 mins til tender. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Place a piece of pasta on each ovenproof serving plate. Top with chopped eggplant, crumbled ricotta, a little basil and cheese sauce. Place another sheet over filling. Spoon chopped capsicum onto pasta, then ricotta, basil and cheese sauce. Finish with a third sheet of pasta, and cover with cheese sauce again.....
- Sprinkle with parmesan, basil and ground black pepper.
- Pop into oven for 5-10 mins, or alternately you could microwave for 1-2 mins.