Chip Lovers CupcakesFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) white cake mix shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- butterCREAM FROSTING: shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 4 tablespoons milk, divided shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa shopping list
- 18 miniature chocolate chip cookies shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions; set aside.
- For filling, in a small bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in flour and confectioners' sugar until blended.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full with cake batter.
- Drop filling by tablespoonfuls into the center of each; cover with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- Beat in 3 tablespoons milk and vanilla until creamy.
- Set aside 1 cup frosting; frost cupcakes with remaining frosting.
- Stir baking cocoa and remaining milk into reserved frosting.
- Cut a small hole in a corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert star tip.
- Fill bag with chocolate frosting.
- Pipe a rosette on top of each cupcake; garnish with a cookie.
- Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating1 people
love the frosting on these YUMMIE great post thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it