Duck Breasts With Orange And Mint SauceFrom grizzlybear 9 years ago
- 6 – 10 duck breast half fillets, skin removed shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 medium red onion, diced shopping list
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier or triple sec shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with equal part cold water shopping list
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced into rings or wedges shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, minced shopping list
- 4 cups warm cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter in a sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent. Add orange juice and chicken broth and reduce liquid to about 3/4 cup. Stir in cornstarch mixture, a little at a time, until thickened. Just before serving, gently stir in orange segments and mint. Season with salt and pepper.
- Season duck breasts with salt and pepper. Heat oil and remaining butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown on both sides until medium-rare. Mound rice on each plate. Slice duck and arrange around rice. Spoon sauce over duck.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating2 people
Mmmmmmmmmmm I like this one...how ya been Griz ?...you hidin again ? LOLOOLOL
Mmmwhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapaprikamama in Lake Mary loved it
Bear these were soooo good. Love your recipes but this was super...duck is my very favorite...hope you had a wonderful time on all your trips..always miss you when you are gone for awhile.XXXOOOmystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!