Duck Breasts With Orange And Mint SauceFrom grizzlybear 8 years ago
- 6 – 10 duck breast half fillets, skin removed shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 medium red onion, diced shopping list
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier or triple sec shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with equal part cold water shopping list
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced into rings or wedges shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, minced shopping list
- 4 cups warm cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter in a sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent. Add orange juice and chicken broth and reduce liquid to about 3/4 cup. Stir in cornstarch mixture, a little at a time, until thickened. Just before serving, gently stir in orange segments and mint. Season with salt and pepper.
- Season duck breasts with salt and pepper. Heat oil and remaining butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown on both sides until medium-rare. Mound rice on each plate. Slice duck and arrange around rice. Spoon sauce over duck.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating2 people
Bear these were soooo good. Love your recipes but this was super...duck is my very favorite...hope you had a wonderful time on all your trips..always miss you when you are gone for awhile.XXXOOOmystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Mmmmmmmmmmm I like this one...how ya been Griz ?...you hidin again ? LOLOOLOL
Mmmwhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapaprikamama in Lake Mary loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!