Pasta with Sausage Eggplant and BasilFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 tablespoon salt shopping list
- 7 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 3/4 pounds spicy Italian sausages, casings removed, meat shaped into 1 1/4-inch meatballs (about 46) shopping list
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, halved shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 serrano chilies, seeded, finely chopped (about 1 tablespoon) shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups canned low-salt chicken broth shopping list
- 2/3 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1 pound cavatapi or penne pasta shopping list
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 cup (lightly packed) fresh basil leaves, torn into 1/2-inch pieces shopping list
- 2/3 cup pine nuts, toasted shopping list
- Additional grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Toss eggplant with 1 tablespoon salt in large colander. Place over bowl and let stand 30 minutes.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add eggplant; saute
- until golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer to bowl. (Can be made 8 hours ahead. Cover; chill.)
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, cook meatballs until brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer meatballs to paper-towel-lined plate. Wipe out skillet.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes, garlic and chilies; sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add meatballs, broth and cream. Simmer until meatballs are cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add eggplant and simmer 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain. Transfer to large bowl.
- Toss pasta with sauce and 1 cup Parmesan cheese. Mix in basil and pine nuts. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve pasta, passing additional Parmesan cheese separately
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!