Kabsah Chicken And Rice Arabian FoodFrom umjad 6 years ago
- rice Recipe: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups White basmati rice-cleaned & rinsed (Do not use other kinds of rice for this recipe) shopping list
- water (amount varies according to the size of boiler-pot you are using) shopping list
- 1 tomato cut up in small pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup green peas (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced carrots (optional) shopping list
- 1 small to medium onion chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp. of mix spices shopping list
- 3 tsp. of cardamon ground shopping list
- 3/4 cup of tomato paste shopping list
- 6 teaspoons of olive oil shopping list
- 1 stick or 1 tbsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp cloves shopping list
- 2 tsp paprika shopping list
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder shopping list
- 1 small snack box of raisins shopping list
- 1 tsp black pepper shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 6 pcs. whole chicken legs marinate with: shopping list
- 1 pcs lemon shopping list
- 1 tbsp soysauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp mix spices shopping list
- 1 tbsp paprika shopping list
- 1/2 cup tomato paste shopping list
- 1/2 cup yoghurt shopping list
- 1 pack broth chicken maggi (powder or crushed the cubes) shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic shopping list
- salt to taste, black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup almond nuts shopping list
- 1/2 cup pine nuts shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley shopping list
- (brown the almond and pine nuts in a small frying pan in low fire. watch carefully to avoid the nuts to get burn easily) shopping list
How to make it
- Rice: In a large boiler-pot add oil, browned chopped onions on medium high heat.
- Add choppes tomatoes, diced carrots, green peas.
- Add mix spices, cardamon, turmeric powder, cinnamon, cloves, paprika, raisin
- Add salt and black pepper according to taste. Bring the Basmati rice, the Kabsah broth and all the ingredients to a boil, then immediately turn down heat to low and cover sealing tightly again with aluminum foil. Do not open or peek at it for atleast 10 minutes. Then periodically check to see if rice is light and fluffy, but do not stir rice.
- Chicken: Place the chicken in an oven baking dish into a preheated oven at 240 C degrees for 1 1/2 hour covered with aluminum foil.
- Strain half cup of the broth then add to the boiler at the top of cooked riced (the sauce of chicken will add flavor to the cooked rice ).
- Remove the aluminum foil and brown the chicken using upper fire of the oven.
- Pour rice on to a large circular platter. Place the chicken from the oven in the middle and on top of the rice. Sprinkle with almond and pine nuts. Garnish them with chopped parsley.
- Serve with shattah (hot sauce), salad and yoghurt.
- Remember to check on the chicken in the oven every so often to make sure that it doesn't overcook and become dry.
- The chicken should be moist.
- The Kabsah rice is done when all the broth has been absorbed. Turn off the heat and take off the aluminum foil and allow the extra steam to escape. If the Basmati rice appears dry and not completely cooked add a little bit of the extra broth and recover until finished. Do not mix the water and rice, just add over the top.
The Cookumjad Amman, JO
The Rating6 people
Beuatiful Post. Five Plus!quaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
Ahhhhhhhhh sounds great,Thanks!ambus in Lahore loved it
Perfect, absolutely PERFECT! Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe!!! HIGH 5!!!lor in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!