Whipped sweet Potatoes and Bananas with HoneyFrom blackcupcake 7 years ago
- 5 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed shopping list
- 4 bananas, unpeeled shopping list
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prick the sweet potatoes all over with a fork, put them in a roasting pan and roast for 30 minutes.
- Toss the bananas into the pan and continue roasting for 10 to 15 minutes, until both the bananas and potatoes are very soft.
- Remove the pan from the oven but don't turn the oven off.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, scoop out the flesh into a large mixing bowl.
- Peel the bananas and add them to the bowl along with 1 stick of the butter, and the honey.
- Season with salt and beat vigorously with a wooden spoon until everything's well combined and the mixture is fluffy.
- Spoon into an oven-proof serving bowl and smooth the top.
- In a separate mixing bowl, use your fingers to rub together the remaining stick of butter, the brown sugar, flour, and pecans until the mixture is the consistency of coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the sweet potatoes and return to the oven.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, until the crumbs are golden.
- Serve hot.