Easy White BreadFrom johannag 5 years ago
How to make it
- In a large bowl, dissolve sugar in warm water, then stir in the yeast. Allow to proof until the yeast resembles a creamy foam. (About 10 minutes)
- Mix salt and oil into yeast mixture.
- Mix in flour one cup at a time. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
- Place in a well oiled bowl and turn the dough to coat. Cover with a damp cloth and let the dough rise until doubled in bulk (About 1 hour)
- Punch dough down. Knead for a few minutes and then divide in half. Shape the dough into two loaves and place into well oiled 9x5 inch loaf pan. Rise for another 30 minutes, or until dough has risen 1 inch above the pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- NOTE: If you have a food processor, just throw all the flour in there. Once the yeast mixture is ready, pour it into the flour with the processor on low speed. Keep it running on high speed until a dough ball forms =)