Grilled Chili Marinated PorkFrom pleclare 3 years ago
- 3Tbs ground seeded dried pasilla chilies or ancho chilies shopping list
- 1 tsp coarse salt shopping list
- 1/2tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 2Tbs vegetable oil shopping list
- 1Tbs fresh lime juice shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic,minced shopping list
- 2lbs. pork tenderloin or thick boneless pork chops-trimmed of fat shopping list
- shredded romaine lettuce(optional) shopping list
- radishes for garnish(optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix chilies,salt and cumin in small bowl. Stir in oil and lime juice to make smooth paste. Stir in garlic
- Butterfly pork bu cutting lengthwise about 2/3 way through,leaving meat in 1 piece;spread meat flat. Cut tenderloin crosswise into 8 equal pieces. If using pork chops,do not cut chops in pieces.
- Place pork between pieces of plastic wrap. Pound with flat side of meat mallet to 1/4" thickness.
- Spread chili paste on both sides of pork pieces to coat evenly. Place in shallow glass baking dish. Marinate,covered,in refrigerator 2 to 3 hours.
- Prepare grill or preheat broiler. Grill or broil pork 6" from heat,8 to 10 mins for grilling or 6 to 7 mins for broiling,turning once. Serve on lettuce-lined plate. Garnish,if desired.